desi Traveler’s guest posts and appearance in, top India travel blogs lists, print media etc.
I have been thinking about compiling a list of all the posts that other blogs have been kind enough to let me write. While I was thinking about it desi Traveler appeared in print media also so that was added to the wish list.
So after dilly-dallying for a long time here is list of guest blog posts that I have written, the odd awards won ( So shameless), and the rare appearance in print media
Let me begin with guest posts that I have written. There are some sites where I have written more than once but I am giving only one link to the author profile on the site if they have created one.
- Ghumakkar: The largest multi-author travel blog of India Backwaters of Kerala, Day Trip to Philly, Qutub Shahi Tombs, Alamparai Fort , Wagdoh Male the largest Tiger in India.
- Trekworld a) Saree Dream Weavers of Pochampally b) Finding Nirvana in Indian Street Treats
- Shalu Sharma’s Blog– a) Payal- A beautiful piece of Jewelry from India b) Traveling in Monsoon in India
- Painted Stork by Arun Bhat — Climbing Koilkonda Fort
- Annoy’s Travel Blog—-Pictures of Peacock Our National Bird
- Random Musings by Debdatta Dasgupta— Socially and Ecologically responsible Travel
- The Alternative-— Urban Ecology- Its a Jungle out there, Ramazan Night Market , 15 best glimpses of Nature, Not a Cat Walk in Periyar Tiger Reserve
- Clay Club Mahindra Blog– Exploring the Origins of River Kaveri
- Yahoo Travel— People and Professions in Old Hyderabad and In downtown Mysore, a slice of history , Women Entrepreneurs, Hyderabad’s Qutub Shahi Tombs
- desi Traveler writes on Rediff about Bandipur, Places to visit in 2014, Praying For Peace
- GHAC Blog I write for GHAC Blog besides editing and curating the same.
- On A-Musing- The best humor blog read by Indian diaspora by Purba Ray: My First Kerala Massage
- On the global website of Manfrotto in the travel photography section. Wildlife Photography , 7 Memories from Kerala
Print media appearances
- Some of my bird pictures in Telugu Daily Andhra Jyothi
- Post in WOW Hyderabad Magazine— Sitaram Bagh Temple , Ammapalle Temple Near Shamshabad, Birding in Hyderabad Lakes
- Mention in Maharashtra Times
- Indian Express Bangalore Edition: Where Emperors Sleep
- Honorable Mention in Beach Photography Contest in Better Photography Magazine in print as well as online version
- Published in Travel + Leisure Magazine a post about Jagannath Puri Rath Yatra. and a post about Lakshman Sagar in Rajasthan
We all love our 15 seconds of fame, 15 minute of fame was in pre-internet era now all you get is 15 seconds so here are some of the Prizes won in various photography and blogging contests
- Tangy Tuesday from Blogadda— Ganesha the original desi traveler , Ramazan Night Market In Hyderabad
- Most Creative post in Asian Paints blogging Contest
- Travel Photography contest from Lonely Planet India
- Best photo in Street Photography challenges by Nikon India
- First prize winner in photography contest- Category Mammals by Pugdundee Safaris and here
- One of the Winners of Kerala Blog Express a unique Blogging Trip by Kerala Tourism
- Honorable mention in Beach Photo contest of Better Photography Magazine
desi Traveler has also been listed in these top Travel blogs list from India and abroad
- Top 50 Travel Blogs 2nd Quarter 2013 globally based on unique visitors
- Top 51 Travel Blogs in India by Why.travel
- Top 31 Professional Indian Travel Bloggers by Hop Around India
- Top 25 Indian Travel Bloggers by Thrillophilia
- Top 5 Travel blogs in India #WIN14 by blogadda
- Top 10 Travel Blogs in India by desiDime
- Top India Travel Bloggers by Myoksha
On no 1 in the list of Top 21 travel blogs in India.
Top 16 Socially Active Travel Blogs a list by Baggout
Travel Blogs by Indians You Must Read by Hello Travel
I hope this list will keep on evolving and growing. Please feel free to contact me for any writing opportunity that you may have for me. Thanks for reading and do check, like and share desi Traveler with your friends and family.
Try these posts too: No charges for checking 🙂 - देखने का कोई पैसा नहीं 🙂