Places to Visit around Hyderabad- Weekend Getaways, Family Picnic , Kids fun, Shopping, Wildlife & Nature
Places to visit in and around Hyderabad- Day trips, family picnic, wild life, nature, Weekend Getaways, Shopping, hanging out: Travel Guide
When we moved to Hyderabad a few years ago we were told there are no places to see in and around Hyderabad except for Charminar and Golconda Fort and you can not drive anywhere as everything is more than 500 KM away. Well how wrong those people were as slowly we discovered the charms of the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad and started discovering its hidden gems from Nizam and earlier eras one by one. So here is a list of places to visit in an around Hyderabad that I have visited or that have been featured in desi Traveler blog. Feel free to suggest places and I will love to visit them and then write about them.
I have categorized what to see in Hyderabad as per my understanding and some of the places can actually fall in more than one category. You can click on the link to get more details about the listed place. I have listed places where you can go by road or taking an overnight train.
Historical Monuments and Buildings of Hyderabad
- Golconda Fort
- Taramati Baradari
- 18 Meter Tall Buddha Statue
- Charminar and streets of Old Hyderabad
- Mecca Masjid in Old Hyderabad
- Qutub Shahi Tombs
- Koti Womens College
Lakes, Wildlife, Picnic places and Nature in Hyderabad
- Hussain Sagar Tank Bund
- Peerancheru Lake near PBEL City
- Gandipet Lake
- Botanical Garden Kondapur
- Mrugavani National Park on Chilkur Road Hyderabad
- Bird watching at ICRISAT ( Prior permission is needed to enter ICRISAT)
- Durgam Cheruvu near Inorbit Mall
- Hyderabad Polo and Riding Club
- Hyderabad Zoo
- Biggest Baobab Tree in India: Hiding place of 40 Thieves
Temples in and around Hyderabad
- Birla Temple Naubat Pahad
- Visa God Temple Chilkur Balaji
- Ranganathswamy Temple Nanakramguda Village near financial district
- Sitaram Bagh Temple Mangal Ghat
- 800 Years Old Sri Rama Chandra Swamy Temple Ammapali Village
- Sri Jagadamba Mahakali Temple Golconda
Weekend Getaways : Day Trips from Hyderabad
- Bhongir Fort
- Bidar Fort and Gurudwara Nanak Jheera
- Surendrapuri Museum of Indian Mythology
- Medak Church, Medak Fort and Pocharam Sancturary
- Bhoodan Pochampally Weavers Village
- Anantha Padmanabha Swamy Temple and Nagasamudram Lake Vikarabad
Weekend Getaways: One Night Stay Road Trips From Hyderabad
- Nagarjuna Sagar Dam
- Ethipothala Waterfalls
- Nagarjunakonda Island in Nagarjuna Sagar Dam
- Shri Hazur Sahib Gurudwara Nanded in Maharashtra
- Srisailam Shiva Temple
- Belum Caves Kurnool
Weekend Getaways from Hyderabad: Where more than one night trip is suggested
- Pench National Park
- Nagarhole National Park
- Madumalai National Park
- Shore Temple Mahabalipuram
- Goa ( A direct train as well as bus from Hyderabad to Goa is available)
- Tadoba Tiger Reserve
- Bandipur Tiger Reserve
Cool Places to hangout with friends, kids and family for shopping and cultural events in Hyderabad
- Shilparamam an Indian Bazaar
- Ramazan Night Market Near Charminar
- Lamakaan- The cultural Hub
- Birla Science Museum & Planetarium
- Gudimalkapur Flower Market
- Ravindra Bharti
- Hussain Sagar Tank Bund
- Numaish : The Hyderabad Trade Fair
I hope you have liked the list of places to see in and around Hyderabad and would visit some of these places around Hyderabad.
You may also want to check this earlier post
How about liking Facebook page of Desi Traveler, to get more pictures and content that I post exclusively on Facebook?
If you have liked reading this post please feel free to subscribe by email , like it and share it with your friends on Facebook, LinkedIn, twitter and Google+ .
Rest assured I will not sell, rent, gift or donate your email to anybody
13 Responses to “Places to Visit around Hyderabad- Weekend Getaways, Family Picnic , Kids fun, Shopping, Wildlife & Nature”
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
Superb photo !
Wow!!! What a amazing click….. The moon make the shot out of this world……..
Thanks a lot Debopam….
Useful information about Hyderabad and excellent photo in the post. Not planning every soon but will surely visit on Hyderabad visit any time in future.
Wonderfully informative compilation! Loved that pic!!
Thanks a lot Deepak…
wonderful Post !! the Taarmati baradari snap looks mesmerizing !! I am yet to click on many links out there yet thought I should thank you for accumulating everything in a single post !
thanks My Say…looking forward to your inputs on other posts… 🙂
forusure sir ! 🙂
thanks man!!!!! 🙂 my relative live there..now i have a better reason to visit hyderabad 🙂
Great…the City of Nizams will wait for you … 🙂