And the winners for Contest for Change in Support of Rang De are..
It’s time to announce the winners of Contest for Change in support of Rang De.
But first a bit of history.
I have been a supporter and volunteer for Rang De for some time now; as I have always believed investing using micro finance is better way of bringing change and prosperity than one time charity. Remember the old saying
“Feed a man fish and feed him for a day, teach men to fish and feed him for life”
When I requested Smita Ram the Co-founder and Managing Trustee of Rang De about the contest she readily agreed and provided all the support and inputs to run the contest. There were a few things we wanted to do:
- We wanted only people who truly believed in the cause and concept of Rang De to take part in contest. Even if this meant less number of entries.
- So goodies like I-pad etc. as prizes were voted against.
- We wanted to increase the number of social investors for Rang De to increase hence it was decided to offer Rang de gift coupons as the prize.
We received great support from online community and the post received tremendous response with tweets, likes and shares on Facebook.
We got a total of 9 entries in the contest and Smita judged the contest with help of her team in Rang De.
You can check all the entries for the contest for change supporting Rang De here.
And here are the winners
- Karthik Radhakrishnan: In this wonderful post this young Chennai blogger goes on a trip and tries to understand India by travelling to villages. Mahatma Gandhi would have approved the same as he too believed real India lives in her villages. Karthik receives a Rang De Gift voucher of INR 4000
- Saurabh Chatterjee : Is a highly accomplished, multiple award-winning professional photographer whose pictures have appeared in magazines like National Geographic, Jet wings, Lonely Planet etc. In his winning post he takes us to rural Maharashtra to Pandharpur and clicks some stunning pictures of a journey of faith. Saurabh receives Rang De gift voucher of INR 2000.
- Cynthia Rodrigues: Is an accomplished blogger and published writer and editor. In her winning post she takes us to Raigad in Maharashtra and documents the day-to-day struggle in life of Indian villagers, be it drinking water or to irrigate the fields. She receives a Rang De gift voucher of INR 1000.
- Doulos Jose (DJ): Receives prize for supporting the campaign and maximum number of RTs about the contest. He receives an INR 500 Rang De gift card. Check his entry to the contest here where he talks about a special family that is inspiration to all.
This post will not be complete without mentioning Bhavana Nissima and Deepak Amembal who joined hands and Bhavana wrote a guest post supporting the contest on Deepak’s blog spreading the word far and wide.
I will be contacting the winners by email also to inform about the same. I am working with Sushmita Banda of Rang De team who has been instrumental in helping me in running the contest to release the prizes ASAP. Thanks a lot to all those who participated in contest, liked it on Facebook and tweeted about it. May your tribe increase.
Try these posts too: No charges for checking 🙂 - देखने का कोई पैसा नहीं 🙂