21 Gun Salute Vintage Car Rally in Delhi in February
Sometime back I was invited to unveiling of a newly restored vintage Car- 1952 Daimler DB18 Drophead Coupe (previously owned by Raja Saheb Bahadur Khetri ).
Now vintage and car are two words that immediately attract me, and so I immediately accepted the invitation. The function was organized in a Gurgaon Restaurant called 21 Gun Salute, in Sector 29. The 21 Guns Salute Restaurant derives its name from the Royal Ceremony during the British Raj when the royals were given ceremonial salute by firing of canons. Only 5 princely states in India had the honor of 21 Gun Salutes and they were
- Jammu and Kashmir
Rest all the princely states were given less than 21 Gun salute. Anyways true to its name the 21 Gun Salute restaurant has a lot of memorablia related to cars, bikes, phones and other things during the British Raj and is displayed at the restaurant. But what I was most impressed was that the restaurant situated on first floor has a special arrangement to bring the cars for display from a large window specially built for the purpose. Hopefully one of these days I will visit again and click more pictures.
The event is not just a Car rally, but will also showcase the culture and heritage of various states of India besides showcasing 75 cars from India and 15 from outside India. As a lot of vintage cars in India are owned by former Maharajahs and princely states a good number of formal royals will be seen at the rally with their priceless beauties that will be showcased at the historic Red Fort, followed by a car rally in Noida, the next day.
Some of the other events planned are :
- A Global Photography Competition
- Painting Competition
- Cultural Programs on both the days
Here is a detailed information on the program
- 6th Feb 2016(Saturday) – The International Concours Show – Display of 125+ unique Vintage Cars and 25+ Vintage Bikes from all over India and abroad at the Historic Red Fort & Cultural Performances by different Tourism Boards of India & International Tourism Boards.
- 7th Feb 2016 (Sunday) – Ceremonial International Vintage Car & Bike Rally with a Royal Flag off at the Historic Red Fort by the Chief Guest, further the rally will be cruising through, to the International Buddh Formula 1 Racing Circuit, Greater Noida, followed by Category Races and Prize Distribution & cultural performances to follow.
While I was at the restaurant, I listened to Mr. Madan Mohan, lovingly talking about the process taken to restore each car in his collection and how his aim is to make India the number one destination for vintage car lovers. On my request he posed with the restored beauty the 1952 Daimler DB18 Drophead Coupe, made by The Daimler Company England
So dear reader if you are in Delhi on 6th and 7th of February do not miss the 21 Gun Salute Vintage Car Rally & Concours Show at Red Fort and at International Buddh Formula 1 Racing Circuit, Greater Noida. Here is their website for more details
- Website: 21 Gun Salute Vintage Car Rally
- Facebook Event Page: 6th 21 Gun Salute Vintage Car Rally
- Route Map To the 21 Gun Salute Vintage Car Rally
Please feel free to share the same with your friends and family who are interested in vintage cars, I am sure they will love it. For more information you may contact:
21 Gun Salute Heritage & Cultural Trust
Deneb & Pollux, 106 & 107,
First Floor, South City Arcade, South City – I
Gurgaon – 122 001, Haryana
Phone : +91 70422 56593
I promise that I will not sell, rent, or donate your email to anybody
🙂 🙂 🙂
Try these posts too: No charges for checking 🙂 - देखने का कोई पैसा नहीं 🙂